Thursday, March 22, 2012

The transitive prhasal verbs that have to learn

PRHASAL VERB (separables)

EXAMPLE

SPANISH

Carry out

The hospital is carrying a survey out to assess staff motivation

Llevar a cabo

Fill in

You have to fill the accident form in

Poner al corriente

Hand in

I handed the essay in to my teacher

Entregar

Look up

You can look the words up in the swimming poll

Buscar

Rip off

The man in the shop ripped me off

Timar

Turn off

Turn the light off when you leave the room

Apagar

Turn on

Turn the light on please, it’s dark

encender

PRHASAL VERB (inseparables)

EXAMPLE

SPANISH

Believe in

I don’t believe in ghosts

Creer en

Deal with

How do young people deal with illness?

Tratar con

End up

They’ll end up having an argument

Terminar

Look after

The nurse looked after my father

Cuidar

Joaquin Alvarez Garcia

1 comment: